“Green Growth through the capitalization of innovative Greenhouses”
The project will capitalize results of other EU successful projects by promoting, disseminating & transferring innovative Greenhouses in the MED area, minimizing water & energy demand. The project will stimulate environmental awareness on issues related to energy & water efficiency & sustainable production, contributing to Green Growth & promoting sustainable development.
- Improve eco-innovation capacities of public & private actors in the greenhouse/agriculture sector through stronger transnational cooperation, knowledge transfer & better networks between research bodies, businesses, public authorities & civil societies.
- Improve the existing innovation framework conditions on the MED agricultural sector.
- Strengthen & empower innovation clusters & networks in the field of agriculture/greenhouse production.
Project Main Results:
- Develop, promote & integrate policy Recommendations (favouring cooperation between actors of the 4helix) in local & regional planning in order to boost eco-innovative greenhouses at transnational level.
- Establish an Agricultural Innovative Cluster in the MED area creating synergies & cooperation mechanisms between the actors of the 4helix of the agricultural/greenhouse sector.
- Increase the capacity building of the members (actors of the 4helix) of the innovative cluster through knowledge transfer, training courses (seminars, webinars), training platform.
8 Partners: Technological Education Institute of Thessaly – Lead Partner (TEI of Thess), University of Thessaly (UTH), Region of Thessaly, Molise toward 2000, Euro-Mediterranean Water Information System Technical Unit (SEMIDE), Spanish National Research Council (CEBAS-CSIC), Regional Council of Berat (RCB), Agricultural Research Institute (ARI).
2 Associated Partners: Riegos y Technologia S.L (RITEC), Regione Molise
6 countries: Greece, Italy, France, Spain, Albania, Cyprus
Project Budget: 1.171.400,00 €
Project Duration: 18 Months (01/02/2018-31/07/2019)